Chicken is probably the most consumed meat of all. People all around the world pair it up with different vegetables and fruits to add flavour to it. It could have experimented with a lot when it comes to taste and textures, with astoundingly delicious results. Now we are going to teach you a recipe where chicken is paired up yet another healthy ingredient- spinach. This easy to make and quick recipe is not full of flavour but also full of healthy nutrients.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken gravy and it’s nutritional facts
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Gravy in itself is full of healthy nutrients and is essential for the human body. When a super healthy vegetable like that is served with the most delicious of all meats- magic happens in your mouth. Chicken is prepared in many ways all around the world; it is grilled, stuffed or simply cooked according to the tradition and cooking style of the particular region. Now let us learn to make this easy and quick recipe, which takes about 30-40 minutes to make approximately.
Ingredients for the Recipe
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts ( thickness ½ inch)
- Salt ( according to taste)
- Black pepper ( according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ( extra- virgin)
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions ( use green part only)
- 2 small plum tomatoes
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 6 tablespoons all- purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ¼ cups of chicken broth
- ¾ cup of whole milk (divided)
Directions for the Recipe
- Preheat an oven to 375 F ( 190 C)
- Take olive oil in a medium-sized pan, add onions and green onions and cook until soft
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes, add spinach and cook until wilted
- Add salt and pepper and remove it from heat
- Take chicken breasts, season it with salt and pepper and place half of spinach mixture on them.
- Roll up the breasts, place it on baking dish ( seam side down) and add paprika and bake for preheated oven until juices run clear and there is no pink colour ( 35-40 minutes at 165 degrees F or 74 degrees C)
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and add gravy to it
- Take all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt,¼ teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and add them in a bowl and whisk in milk until blended and smooth.
- Place chicken broth and ¼ cup Lactaid milk in a saucepan and bring it to boil
- Slowly add flour mixture to saucepan, stir until it thickens ( 3-4 minutes)
Tips for the Recipe
Serve this delicious and rich recipe with some dressing and fresh vegetables on the side.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Gravy and it’s nutritional information
|Total Calories||591||Sodium||22 mg|
|Total Fats||0 g||Potassium||32 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||91g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||16 g|
Check out our other Recipe Roast Chicken Breast